By the end of this lesson, students will not produce a coherent narrative piece, but they will have delved deeply into various techniques to enrich their storytelling. This class spans approximately 120 minutes. The journey begins with a lead-in, followed by three sections. You have the flexibility to prioritize sections based on their students' needs, either expanding on certain topics or skipping others.
Here's a detailed breakdown of the class:
• 15-min lead-in, designed to tap into student's personal associations with autumn and reflect on what writing they personally find compelling.
• 30-min part on unconventional metaphors, aimed to help students craft their own ways to describe various objects, emotions, or scenarios.
• 40-min part on action verbs in the context of crafting mini-stories or narratives.
• 35-min part on fronting adverbials, aimed to add some colors to your students' narratives and making them resonate more deeply with their readers.
• Detailed Teacher's Notes and a 25-min methodology video-tutorial to help you navigate the worksheet and better understand the principles that informed the class.
• Bonuses: one writing video-tutorial, two websites that can help you find the right words, one Spotify playlist illustrating the target grammar :)